Flender mit seinem Hauptsitz in Bocholt, Deutschland, ist ein führender internationaler Hersteller von mechanischen und elektrischen Antriebssystemen, der seit mehr als 120 Jahren für Antriebskomponenten von höchster Leistungsfähigkeit, Innovation, Qualität und Zuverlässigkeit steht. Flender bietet ein breites Spektrum an Getrieben, Kupplungen, Generatoren und dazugehörigen Services mit dem Fokus auf Schlüsselindustrien wie der Windenergie, Zement, Rohstoffverarbeitung, Öl und Gas, Energieerzeugung, Wasser und Abwasser, Marine, Krane und Fördertechnik. Flender Produkte und Services vereinen den letzten Stand der Technik mit extrem hoher Qualität und stellen seit Jahrzehnten eine optimale Kraftübertragung sicher. Flender beschäftigt rund 8.500 Mitarbeiter weltweit. Weitere Informationen finden Sie im Internet unter www.flender.com.
Here is your chance to establish Flender´s own procurement function for Indirect Material. In your new role, you will be reporting directly to the CPO of Flender and you will be responsible for managing all activities end-to-end for indirect material. Furthermore, you will be able to contribute actively to the procurement transformation program of the Flender group.
- In addition to certain categories already handled by Flender, you will build a category management team globally from the scratch for the categories that are today handled by the central Siemens pooling organization (Fleet, Travel, Advisory Services, Fairs & Events, Temporary Labor, Logistics, IT and Office & Factory Supplies)
- Therefore, you will define and implement a procurement function, supporting the demand in manufacturing locations (today covered with a Flender tactical buying team) as well as service and sales locations of the group (today covered by the Siemens regional company procurement function)
- You assure an efficient and compliant procurement process across the globe to support the sourcing activities of the different functional teams and their recurring or project spend
- You will build a strong rapport with internal stakeholders and budget owners to establish and implement best category and supplier strategies
- Additionally, you will optimize the overhead cost position of the company through a best in class supplier portfolio, maximized negotiation power, by further developing policies and requirement specifications as well as through demand management
- In your role, you will actively drive innovation and value contribution from the supplier market by developing the supplier portfolio: meet and shape future requirements using the full potential of what the market has to offer
- Finally, you will improve procurement output and value delivery to stakeholders and meet yearly financial, operational, and strategic objectives
What you need to make real what matters.
- You have a university degree, e.g. in business administration or mechanical
- engineering with at least 10 years of professional experience in indirect material purchasing, preferably in the machine construction industry
- Furthermore, you have gained several years of leadership experience of global teams and live a collaborative leadership style
- You have a track record of successful managed (cross-functional) projects
- With your strategic thinking and analytical, structured approach you have proven yourself as an excellent facilitator and negotiator
- With your open-minded personality, you are able to maximize benefits from the digitalization of the function in its operation and its cooperation with internal stakeholders, you drive and manage that change passionately
- Fluency in English and German plus the readiness for intercontinental business trips round your profile
Make your mark in our exciting world at Flender.