Procurement Manager (m/f/d)
As part of the globally active Indorama Ventures Group, our company's core business is the production of branded polyesters. With decades of experience and advanced technologies, we produce intelligent and sustainable solutions that meet the highest demands of our customers and create added value for end users in everyday life – e. g. in cars, in health and hygiene products or in recyclable food packaging. Our mission is to sustainably support our customers through quality and innovation.
We are looking for a high-performance employee (m/f/d) to support our team in a first step as procurement manager. Furthermore, the ideally matching candidate brings the potential and the will to develop into a leadership role as head of purchase and logistics.
Location: Gersthofen (near Augsburg)
As procurement manager you will purchase goods and services required for the company to use or sell. You will ensure the company obtains quality products for competitive prices in a timely fashion.
Later as head of purchase and logistics you will oversee the daily workings of business operations like purchase, logistics and customer service. You will plan, manage and implement operational policies, tools and processes while focusing on the long-term interests of the company and pursuing new business opportunities.
- Liaises with key company leaders to determine their product and service needs
- Purchases materials and services required for the production of our chemical products including contract and price negotiations
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Resources new products and services to meet company’s goals
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers as well as researches and identifies potential new suppliers
- Follows up on interruptions to the order and facilitates root cause analysis for non-performing contracts
- Communicates any changes in the order or delivery date to the relevant parties including troubleshooting
- Supports / manages procurement projects
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing and distributing goods or services as well as monitoring stock levels
- Measures effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and finds ways to improve processes
- Resolves issues with contracts and commercial operations
- Assesses total costs of company purchases
- Oversees a team of employees and reports directly to the managing directors
- Plans, schedules and reviews workload and manpower to make sure targets are being met on a cost-effective basis
- Cooperates closely with colleagues and stakeholders within the Indorama group
Skills and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business, Logistics or Supply Chain Management and at least a minimum of 4 years of work experience on a similar position within an internationally operating industrial company.
- In-depth knowledge of contract law and experience in contract negotiation as well as in supplier management are required.
- A very good understanding of logistics and finance is mandatory as well.
- User knowledge in the following IT applications should be available: ERP software (e. g. Exact or SAP), database management, inventory management, procurement, logistics and general office programs of Windows 365.
- The candidate must be highly proficient in German and English.
- We expect that the candidate has exceptional analytical and negotiation skills, superior organizational skills as well as a strong decision-making ability.
- Additionally, the candidate can be characterized by an outstanding entrepreneurial thinking, providing excellent problem-solving skills and driving to achieve results.
- At least, you have the natural ability to communicate effectively at all levels, to work in a team environment and to engage and motivate others.
Have we piqued your interest? Then send your complete application documents including your salary expectations and your preferred date of entry by e-mail to HR.Gersthofen@de.indorama.net
By applying, you agree that we will record them and keep them for up to six months after filling the position.